COLLEGEVILLE PA – What’s being anticipated by the rivals as the largest crowd ever to see a football game in the Pottsgrove High School stadium on School Lane in Lower Pottsgrove Township – estimated to reach as high as 4,000 people, one of its school board members publicly said earlier this week – arrives tonight (Friday, Oct. 28, 2016). The Perkiomen Valley Vikings travel to meet the Pottsgrove Falcons in the Pioneer Athletic Conference championship beginning at 7 p.m.
You’re unlikely to find any bigger event happening in the valley this weekend. There are several other fun things to do, however. You’ll find them farther down this page.
Perkiomen Valley’s tickets for the game have been offered on advanced sale at its offices since Monday (Oct. 24). Pottsgrove Booster Club President Al Leach said he was told the Vikings 1,000-ticket allotment was sold out by Wednesday (Oct. 26). At the time Pottsgrove had sold only 400 in advance. Those numbers were expected to changes as the week wore on.
Yes, some tickets will be available at the gate. Get there early for a decent seat.
- Parking lots will open at 5:15 p.m. Parking on the high school campus will include all paved lots at the high school and Pottsgrove’s Ringing Rocks Elementary School, as well, as an upper soccer grass field adjacent to Ringing Rocks playground. Car-pooling is recommended.
- All vehicles planning to drop off spectators are asked to do so in front of the high school cafeteria. Traffic will not be permitted to stop on School Lane.
- All Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association spectator guidelines will be enforced.
Other stuff happening on the weekend calendar
Please note some of these events, although listed publicly, are private.
Fri Oct 28, 2016
- 7pm – 9pm Perkiomen Valley Vs. Pottsgrove Football
Pottsgrove HS Stadium, School Lane, Pottstown PA
Sat Oct 29, 2016
- 9am – 1pm Farm Stand Sales
The Speaker’s House, 151 W. Main St., Trappe PA
- 8pm to Midnight Halloween Costume Party
Hotel Fiesole, 4046 Skippack Pike, Skippack PA
- 9pm to Midnight Night Of Fright
Joe’s Spring Mount Hotel, 3 Main St., Schwenksville PA
Sun Oct 30, 2016
- Noon-4 p.m. Smoked Rib Fund-Raiser
Schwenksville Fire Company, 300 Main St., Schwenksville PA
- 5-6pm Trunk Or Treat
Spring Mount Mennonite Church, Spring Mount PA
Photo from Google Images