ROYERSFORD PA – Middle and high school student from Pennsburg and Lansdale will be among those descending Saturday (Feb. 18, 2017) from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on the Spring-Ford 9th Grade Center, 400 S. Lewis Rd., for the Spring-Ford VEX Robotics Competition. More than 40 teams are expected for a non-stop, action-packed day of competition in which they battle each other with robots built on a standardized system called VEX EDR.
Teams scheduled to participate include:
- Upper Perk Robotics, Pennsburg (1 team);
- Christopher Dock Mennonite High School, Lansdale (2);
- Methacton High School, Eagleville (3);
- Spring-Ford Area High School, Royersford (4);
- Radnor High School, Radnor (2);
- Brandywine Robotics, Chester Springs (13);
- Norristown Area School District, Norristown (5);
- Upper Darby High School, Drexel Hill (2);
- Raptor Robotics, Malvern (1);
- Delaware County Christian School, Newtown Square (5);
- Bermudian Springs High School, York Springs (3); and
- New Hope Solebury High School, New Hope (1).
The competition is one in a series of tournaments supported by the Robotics Education & Competition Foundation, and various national, regional and local sponsors. The competition season ends each spring, with the top performing teams from local and state VEX robotics competitions competing against each other.
Photo from the REC Foundation